The iPad is bound to be replaced, I originally thought before the Holidays, but they may be holding off until January which would keep with the annual release schedule of the iPhone. Here are the features I want or think they should add to the new iPad.
- Front Facing Camera (for Facetime). Possibly rear camera but not likely.
- Retina Display
- Multiple or smaller screen size- 7 inches sounds like the rumored size
- Thinner form-factor
- Lower Price- Starting at $399
- Built-in Memory card reader- not likely but, I can hope!
- Higher resolution video output and playback
- GPS- For all the location-aware apps
These are the primary new hardware features, I also expect them to roll out new software features between hardware iterations.